One thing Russell and I really love about the Summer time is the garden! My dad has the best garden around. He grows all kinds of veggies and the famous Sand Mountain Tomatoes!! Well, we went for a Sunday visit last week and we found out that Taylor loves the garden as much as we do. She really had a great time helping Granddaddy and Daddy pick all the veggies!
Since we picked all the delicious veggies we also had to do all the work to prepare them to eat! So, we spent that night shelling peas...Taylor even got into doing that too! She's already a pro!
With all the veggies we have enjoyed lots of great meals! We made some of the best beef (deer) stew ever! It had fresh okra, tomatoes, corn and onions. We've had tomato sandwiches for lunch and we had fresh green beans with dinner tonight!
We can't wait to make another visit to Grandaddy's to visit and to get some more veggies! Thanks!
On another note, I think last time I blogged I mentioned that we were moving...well we did and we've now been in the apartment for about a month...it hasn't been the easiest because Taylor isn't sleeping through the night anymore! But good news is that we did find a house to buy and we close on it at the end of August and we couldn't be more excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment