Sunday, November 8, 2009

Arrival of Taylor Kate Wells

So I am truly behind on blogging...sorry. I have a great excuse though!!

As most of you know, Taylor was born on September 30th, yes 5 weeks early! I was admitted to the hospital on September 28th so that they could do a 24 hour observation on me for my high blood pressure. On Tuesday they came in and said they wanted to keep me for another 24 hours....so on the third morning (Wednesday the 30th) the doctor came in and said I have been monitoring you all night and we are going down stairs to get the baby out!! We were still asleep when she came in and told us that so we had about 10 minutes to make phone calls and get our thoughts together!! It was a crazy morning...so, down to Labor and delivery we went and they induced labor. I stayed in labor from about 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. at that point the doctor said the labor was not progressing and my blood pressure was still raising and that we needed to do a c-section. So, Taylor arrived at 6:47 p.m. that night!! She weighed 7 lbs and was 20 inches long...not bad for 5 weeks early!!

Because I had the c-section and they were still monitoring my blood pressure we had to stay in the hospital until Sunday. However, when we were getting ready to get discharged Taylor had a breathing issue and was put into NICU for 5 days...that was the hardest part of it all!! Because she was a premie she had not developed her eating and breathing coordination...so when she would eat she would forget to breath and start choking. They put her in NICU just to make sure there wasn't another reason for her problem...good news is she will grow out of it ( and she just about has now).

So after about 2 weeks at the hospital we finally got to bring her home!!  Here are some of her first pictures (thanks to Lindsay for letting us use her camera...we didn't have ours, we weren't prepared!) And thanks to Spencer and Lindsay for being there for us on her birthday and helping us welcome her into the world!

DSC00001 My first time to meet Taylor!!

DSC00002 Daddy Russell!

DSC00005

DSC00021 Spencer and Lindsay and Baby Taylor!

DSC00040 Russell looks so tired in this picture...it was a very long day for everyone!

DSC00017 Russell's brother holding Taylor.

DSC00034  I wasn't going to post this picture or show anyone for that matter but it is what it is...this is how swollen I was right after delivery...I had gained about 40 lbs of water weight...it was terrible... my feet were so swollen that my toe nails got bruised. It was horrible but after about two weeks a lot of the fluid was gone off of me! It was a rough ride but it was worth it!! We love our little Taylor and it is the sweetest thing ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment